Friday, January 21, 2011

Florence..

I usually talk about stuff that are general, things that maybe would change the way some people think, things that might make a difference in the way we deal with different situation. But this time it’s different, I’m writing about my last vacation and share its moments with you.
Florence, or Firenze in Italian, it’s one of the most beautiful cities I’ve been to. When you first leave the train station and head to the city center you will feel like this is Italy, the old buildings, the narrow streets, the small shops in the dark alleys, it’s like a movie set of the past. The city looks really old but it has many different international brands such as Gucci, Prada, Dior, and many more.
The city center has this amazing huge church, and the church is surrounded by different cafes that offers amazing Italian treats, and gift stands that offers some amazing handmade masks, I got two for myself and they are simply amazing.
We went to one of the small local pizzerias one day to have lunch, I was attracted by the wide selection of food in the menu so I said why not give it a try, we ordered pizza, calzone, and some other side orders and it was an experience of a life time, I loved the food it was amazing.
We can’t leave the city without trying their gelato, it was really cold in Italy but as soon as you take a look at the different flavors they offer you just can’t resist it, I personally tried the lemon gelato and it was amazing! You can really taste the fruit in it.
I’m a shopping addict, and the city is small, so you wont really get so mych shopping there, but if you are looking for a peaceful small place for a honeymoon I would recommend this city. I’ve been there for two days and it will stay in my mind for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment