Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thank you !

Thank you… try to say it now. Did anything happen? Did you lose anything? Is it that hard to say thank you? A question directed to some of the people living in Kuwait. Why don’t you say thank you to people when they do you a favor?
During my study days back in college I opened lots and lots of doors to girls and boys, I would be surprised when someone says thank you, as if I was a door man and it’s my job to open the door to the royal students of my college. Last summer when I was visiting my sister in Australia I was amazed by the amount of thank you I get back there ! thank you for opening a door, thank you for holding the elevator door, thank you for letting me use your seat… blah blah blah.
You know what’s funny? We are Muslims and we should have the good morals, but apparently we are only Muslims by the name.
One time I was holding the door for this girl who was at the end of the corridor, and I wanted to be a gentle man and wait for her, she passed and never even bother to say thank you ! I was like WHATS WITH THE ATTITUDE!! Im not your door man and I deserve a thank you. That day I was talking to my professor about that incidence and he said something I really liked, he said “when you do something good don’t expect people to reward you, god is the one who will award you” I was touched and decided that I would never expect a thank you from anyone because apparently if you said “thank you” you are insulting yourself.
Cheers J

No comments:

Post a Comment